Monday, April 27, 2015

No Words


There are truly no words to describe our day with Emma yesterday but I will do my best to try.  Emma slept like an angel her first night with us.  Her day was quite busy and scary so I know she was exhausted. Once everyone woke up, we went downstairs for breakfast. She has eaten everything that is not nailed down since joining us and when we fed her a pastry like thing, we got our first smile. I would like to think it was because she was warming up to us, but I feel like it had more to do with the chocolate.
She let J hold her for the first time that morning as well.
We met our guide and went back to the adoption center. We completed all the official documents to make our adoption legal in the eyes of China. She was the 82nd baby adopted from the Hubei Province this  year and she was the very last one that they processed. We had to put our fingerprint on all of our signatures. Emma had to put her handprint too. She was not a fan. Her nannies were there too. She cried when she saw them but was quickly comforted with puffs and juice.  It was hard to see her sad but I'm thankful that the time passed quickly and we were able to leave the office without any more tears.

We came back to the hotel and J went to grab us some lunch. Emma is a fan of Burger King (side note, I don't think I have ever eaten a whooper in my whole life and in the last 2 days, I have had 2.  Familiarity is nice.) We spent the rest of the day playing and everything changed when we pulled out this flashlight. She stared at it for a minute and then smiled!!! A legit smile!!! Then she laughed....and laughed.....and laughed and she hasn't stopped since!!!!  It was seriously like her guard came down and she became comfortable with us.  It was truly beautiful and we are so thankful!!! She tilts her head to the side for pictures just like her brother and sister!! I just love it!!
We so appreciate all the prayers you are pouring over us.  We feel them and we are forever grateful. We can't wait to see what is in store for us today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment